Procedures for Marriage Certificate Attestation

Procedures for Marriage Certificate Attestation

Procedures for Marriage Certificate Attestation 

Planning to take spouse along with you to another country? Everyone wants to bring their spouse along with them if they are working abroad. However, most of them are not aware of the procedures related to it. A certificate of marriage is not enough to take your spouse along with you. Marriage certificate attestation is necessary for completing the procedures of family visa.

What is Marriage Certificate Attestation Marriage certificate attestation is required when you apply for family visa. The country in which you are applying for family visa need to make sure that the marriage certificate that you are providing is authentic. To make sure of the genuinity of the certificate, it has to be legalized and attested by their embassy in your country. Without a marriage certificate attestation, you will not get family visa. 

How to get your Marriage Certificate Attested?

There are some procedures that one need to follow for marriage certificate attestation. They are:

Human Resource Development/ HRD 

HRD or Human Resources Development Attestation is the first phase in marriage certificate attestation. You have to submit your marriage certificate in the HRD department of the concerned state for verification. They will verify your documents and do the attestation procedure. In each states HRD attestation process is almost the same, but the name is different across India. 

Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)

MEA attestation is done by Ministry of External Affairs. MEA provide two types of document attestation. There are two types of marriage certificate attestation. They are MEA attestation and Apostille marriage certificate attestation. 

Apostille Marriage Certificate Attestation: If the country that you are traveling is a member country of hague convention, then you need to get a Apostille stamp attestation in your marriage certificate. 

MEA Attestation: It follows the normal attestation procedure. One just need to submit their certificate for verification and it is attested by Ministry of External Affairs after proper verification. 

Embassy attestation

After finishing the HRD and MEA attestation process, the marriage certificate is then submitted to the embassy or consulate of the country to which you plans to go. The Embassy will attest you marriage certificate after verification. 

Now, you don�t need to go all those hardships of going through departments and ministry for attestation. Urogulf helps you to get your marriage certificate attestation without any worries. 

Share this Post